Your monthly tuition payment (made payable to Studio 237) must be received, in full, no later than the 10th day of each month. The Studio only guarantees 4 lessons per month. In months that happen to have 5 weeks, the fifth week lesson in a month is not part of tuition. Student may pay extra for that lesson. Invoices are emailed at the beginning of the month.
Scheduling/Reserving a lesson time: Call the studio at 850.231.3199 to talk directly to a person. If no answer, leave a voice message. Emails and texts to do not secure nor reserve your lesson time.
PAYMENT must be made by the 10th of the month and can be made in person or mailed to the above address. We accept checks, cash and paypal (send via your PayPal account to email address studio237Music@gmail.com or you may go to our website and use the PayPal portal)
ALL TUITION IS NON-REFUNDABLE and non-transferable into the next month’s tuition.
· Registration Fee: $50 good until August 1, 2022.
· Piano Maintenance Fee: For those studying piano or voice, there is a twice a year piano maintenance fee of $10 for the tuning and repair of the piano. Once in August/Fall and January/Spring.
STUDENTS WHO DO NOT OWN or HAVE AN INSTRUMENT TO PRACTICE ON:
Students or guardians of the students who do not own or rent an instrument (except for voice and drums) on which to practice/play at and beyond their first lesson should consider their lesson as monitored practice with less instruction. I-Pads, toys, flat table top roll up keyboards, keyboards with half size keys, paper charts, do not qualify as an instrument. Payment at our normal rates is still due.
MAKEUP/RESCHEUDLED LESSONS: None – no refunds.
TEACHER’S SICK DAY: Each semester, a teacher is allowed one sick day with no make-ups required. (It is at the teacher’s discretion, to make up a sick day). Semesters run as follows: Fall/Winter (August—December), Spring (Jan—May).
IF THE TEACHER CANCELS YOUR LESSON: The studio will re-schedule a make-up within 21 days of the cancelled lesson at an agreed upon time. Excluding a teacher sick day as stated above.
EXTENDED PLANNED ABSENCE: All absences, greater than one week, should be submitted in writing no later than 48 hours prior to your lesson day. Place written notes in mailbox in waiting room or mail to 237 Dawson Rd, Santa Rosa Beach, FL. No emails, No texting,
HOLIDAYS: All Holiday cancellations are not subject to make-ups nor reschedules and are non-refundable. Public school system days off (including spring break) are not observed by the studio and are not refundable, not reschedulable, plan to attend your lesson.
BOOKS: Students usually need several new books per year. The cost of books is from $10 to $25. Books should be reimbursed no later than the next lesson or next monthly billing cycle.
To those students who own or rent their instruments, the amount of study time required will vary depending on the student’s age and playing level. To achieve progress, a student should plan to study their instrument four days a week for no less than 20 minutes daily (ages 4 to 6) and 30+ minutes (ages 7 and up).
PARENT’S ROLE IN PRACTICE:
Parents play an important role in their child’s progress, especially during the first year of learning. When you dedicate time and effort to help your child be consistent in their study, they will progress at an average to above average rate. For young children, sitting in during your child’s lesson can be helpful from time to time so that you know what is required by the teacher and the music/exercises that your child needs to study.
YOUR CHILD’S BOOKS:
1. The studio provides a book bag. Store your books/materials in the bag
2. The morning of your lesson, have your child place all the books in the bag and place it by the exit of your home for easy access.
3. Missing books must be replaced. Notify your teacher so the studio may order new books.
A NO SHOW STUDENT is a student who
· does not pay their tuition and
· does not show up for their lesson for two or more weeks in a row (cancellations or not attending without notice qualifies as a no show).
THEN: That lesson time becomes available to new or existing students.
SCHOOL PROPERTY RULES: (Adults and Children)
While on the property:
No smoking on the property
No drinking of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on the property
No use of profanity on the property in talk, MP3’s, Cd’s, song lyrical content, or while singing:
Profane words include any words that refer to sexual content, defecation, hell, damnation, body parts, dogs, and the like. This is simple common courtesy to other human beings. If you desire to speak profane words in the studio or on the property, then our studio is not the place for you.
No destruction of private property
No running, no climbing
Shoes, clean shirt, and bottom clothing must be worn
No dogs or other pets on the property
Do not wear a bathing suit to a lesson
No drunk or “under the influence” people on property
No fighting physically or verbally
No yelling or arguing inside or outside of the premises
Failure to observe property rules may result in discontinuation of lessons
Clean trimmed fingernails, hair tied back from your face so that your eyes are visible to others for the entire lesson, clean hands and face.
TERMINATION OF LESSONS: Give the studio and teacher one week prior notice.
Include in your communication (letter or phone call), the exact day you plan to stop lessons.
A teacher may dismiss a student for the following situations:
· The student demonstrates a lack of desire/motivation to learn to play their instrument.
· The student or parent misbehaves, threatens to quit or disrespects the teacher during lessons.
· The student or parent shows a lack of commitment characterized by chronic absences or lateness.
· The student or parent speaks profanity or curses during the lesson or verbally threatens the teacher
· The student tantrums or the parent does not support the teacher.
· The parent or student insists to sing or play music that contains cursing/profane words or subject matter.
A STUDENT WILL BE DISMISSED FROM LESSONS IMMEDIATELY IF: The student bites, hits, attacks, threatens bodily harm or kicks a teacher, piano, or another student. Also, if the student Damages or threatens to damage private property belonging to anyone while on studio property
Each year we schedule two recitals (one in December and one in May).
· There is a Recital Fee of $30 per student (2 or more is $25 each)
· Many students practice and work on their recital pieces which are a motivational force for your child
and an opportunity for them to shine for you.
· Students are encouraged to participate if their teacher/parent believe they are ready.
· All recital pieces must be approved by the teacher and parent prior to being placed in the program.
OPTIONAL: FFMC FESTIVAL: Florida Federation of Music Clubs (FFMC)
This is an optional choice for students: Studio 237 is a member of the FFMC under the Choctaw Bay Music Club of Niceville FL. A Junior Music Student Festival sponsored by FFMC is held every February in Niceville FL. Students perform two compositions before two judges, receive graded evaluations, certificates, and points towards trophies. Students begin to prepare 2 pieces about 5 months prior to this event on instruments such as piano, guitar, voice, drums, and string instruments. Festival application fees ($24 for one event) are due by November 1st and are nonrefundable. Students of all levels may enter. Ask Lisa Cyr about participating (Festival will be held on Feb 5, 2020). Those parents desiring their student to perform in Piano Guild auditions will be prepared to do so for May 2022.
This policy is valid until July 1, 2022